The hybrid course for instructors consists of one day of in-person instruction plus three online modules. Each online module is designed to be completed in three weeks.
In-Person Course Introduction
- Course Overview
- Overview of Learning Disabilities and Universal Design [pdf of presentation slides]
- Hands-on introduction to online content
- Task One: Identify primary and secondary learning outcomes for your course
- Task Two: Evaluate accessibility/usability of course content for students with different learning profiles
- Task Three: Design grading rubric using Universal Design
- Task Four: Design a cooperative learning activity that promotes soft skills development
- Task Five: Re-design a lesson to address needs of widest range of learners
Each module provides an overview of its purpose; a list, instructions, and timeline for deliverables; access to supportive resources; and reflection questions to post to a discussion board. Each submitted task was reviewed by a peer as well as shared with the online community of learners.
The online course is not available for dissemination at this time. If you’d like to learn more about the course or the Landmark College Institute for Research and Training, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.