Our resources for instructors include documents from our hybrid course that support successful course completion for students with learning disabilities. We link to websites that complement our mission.
- Matrix of hard and soft skills [pdf]
Matrix to help instructors integrate hard and soft skills in course planning
- Comparison of a universally designed and non-universally designed lesson plan [pdf]
Illustrated example of a lesson without and with Universal Design practices
- Lesson Redesign Checklist [pdf]
Checklist for helping instructors redesign lessons by implementing Universal Design
- Assistive Technology Resources
Free or inexpensive assistive technology recommended by Landmark College IT services
- Master Notebook
Illustrates how to set up a course notebook that promotoes self regulation
- Fact Sheet on Self-Regulation Behaviors & Academic Success [pdf]
This handout provides examples of research and statistics on how self-regulation impacts learning and academic success.
- Universal Design for Instruction Research Comparison [pdf]
This handout provides a side-by-side comparision of the research on Universal Design for Instruction, effective teaching, and Landmark College recommended best practices.
- Sample Rubric that Promotes Self-Regulation [pdf]
This is an example of how teachers can embed questions within scoring rubrics to get students to problem-solve and plan ahead.
- Sample Group Project Rubric [pdf]
This is an example of how a rubric can be constructed to grade students individually on a group project assignment.
- Disabilities Law Quiz [pdf] and Disability Law Quiz Answers [pdf]
This handout is an example of a quiz to assess how well individuals understand the laws that protect the rights of individuals with learning disabilities and related disorders
- Overview of Section 504/ADA [pdf]
This handout provides a summary of how each law within the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protection of the rights of individuals with disabilities such as learning disabilities, AD/HD and related disorders.
- Guide to Creating Rubrics [pdf]
This handout provides a summary of some research based recommendations on effective rubric construction guidelines.
- Institute for Community Inclusion
Provides information on Disability Policy, Education and Transition, Employer Issues, Employment Success Stories.
Popular resource for basic and timely information on learning disabilities
- DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology)
Resources for students, educators and employers on increasing success of students with disabilities in academics and workforce
Comprehensive resource for comparing and selecting supportive assistive technology for specific academic tasks