Our resources for students include documents from our hybrid course that support successful course completion for students with learning disabilities. We link to websites that complement our mission.
- Overview of Section 504/ADA [pdf]
This handout provides a summary of how each law within the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protection of the rights of individuals with disabilities such as learning disabilities, AD/HD and related disorders.
- Disabilities Law Quiz [pdf] and Disability Law Quiz Answers [pdf]
This handout is an example of a quiz to assess how well individuals understand the laws that protect the rights of individuals with learning disabilities and related disorders
- Fact Sheet on Self-Regulation Behaviors & Academic Success [pdf]
This handout provides examples of research and statistics on how self-regulation impacts learning and academic success.
- Master Notebook
Illustrates how to set up a course notebook that promotoes self regulation
- Assistive Technology Resources
Free or inexpensive assistive technology recommended by Landmark College IT services
- Matrix of hard and soft skills [pdf]
Matrix to help instructors integrate hard and soft skills in course planning
- Comparison of a universally designed and non-universally designed lesson plan [pdf]
Illustrated example of a lesson without and with Universal Design practices
- Lesson Redesign Checklist [pdf]
Checklist for helping instructors redesign lessons by implementing Universal Design
Popular resource for basic and timely information on learning disabilities
- DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology)
Resources for students, educators and employers on increasing success of students with disabilities in academics and workforce
- Job Descriptions
Descriptions of over 13,000 jobs organized into categories
- Job Interviews
Resources that support job seekers in the interview process, including mock interviews for specific fields
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
National professional organization that links students with disabilities with employers, offers annual conferences
Free, short videos illustrating meaning of academic vocabulary
- Job Accommodation Network
Answers questions about job accommodations for employer, employees, and job seekers
Resource that connects students with disabilities who are interested in STEM careers with employers who are offering internships, mentorships, and other opportunities.